Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Measure of Happine$$

Well it's been a few days since i last blogged, but i have had a few days to sit back and think about a few things... Particularly one's happiness.

My theme today is make yourself happy.

There are many outlets for happiness and ways in which one may measure happiness.  Sometimes, a daily workout is what keeps one satisfied or spending time with family.  For others, it may be a significant other or maybe even something materialistic... but that's not a bad thing!
One argument that has been debated forever is whether or not money can truly make one happy.  My side?  I believe money is needed for just about everything .. and most of those things that make people happy require some form of money.  So yes... in a sense, money does make many people happy.  It's all in the way you view money, however. 

 If you see money as a necessity rather than something attainable... it will always make you miserable.  There are several people out there who have ideal interests.  Whether you enjoy yoga, outdoor activities, the nightlife, or hell, smoking Ganja.  In order to enjoy the majority of these things, however... Money is eventually going to be the determining factor... right?  
Now.. what's everyone's solution to gain income?  Get a job right?  Work hard, play harder right?

Wrong.  Your place of income should pay you based on how well you do your job and your credibility/experience in a given field.... Not how hard you bust your ass for them.  
So by all means, work.  Contribute to society.  You might just really enjoy your job.  Or you can work based on doing something you're passionate about rather than how much your salary is.

People have found a way to create wealth for themselves.  I use the term "wealth" because it's not just "money".  Wealth promotes a healthy financial situation.  If making $30,000 a year is all you need and that's satisfying... Great, consider yourself wealthy!  But if you have to go hours and hours, working for and with people you can't tolerate, is that salary worth it?  It's no longer healthy... So your job may pay you 6 figures, but do you do what you enjoy?

What if you could make 6 figures on your own time... your own watch, doing only the things you love. Well now you can!  

I made the decision to get involved in this early.  I still work, but I'm making twice as much as my job pays me now.  That extra money gives me the ability to live out the things that make me happy.

Ultimately, I want my "job" to not be a "job" anymore... I want it to be my "place of work".  This is where I will do MY part to contribute to society, doing what I love and instead of looking at what my salary is, I look at the positive outcome of what it is that I do.

I have always been a huge advocate for the furry friends out there and if I could rescue animals for a living, find them good homes... Life would be simple.  At the same time, my finances will be the last thing on my mind.

Anyway... I hope this post left you somewhat inspired, but ultimately relieved.  Don't stress about a dollar sign as if that's the only thing you're good for in this world.  If you feel you were put here to do something, go do it.  Don't wait.  Erase your financial troubles today!

No comments:

Post a Comment